Friday, April 29, 2011

Final Post

So, I guess this will be my last Blog post for this semester now that my first year of college is wrapping up. School, will end and I will go back to work until September, all the while probably wishing I was still in school so I didn't have to be at work. But while I am there, crushed by wave after wave of tourists rabid for seafood, I'll think about what I learned from doing my ethnography. I'll think about people and sub-cultures we can see everyday and never realize that we are looking at a culture. I am 15 pages deep in my final paper now. I wrote about the gym here at BSU, the one I force myself to go to a few times a week. The purpose of this project was because I wanted to see why people pushed themselves to work their bodies, to sweat and drain themselves even when on the surface they already looked healthy and trim. This essay was pretty easy for me because the gym is an easy place to observe without being totally obvious about it. People were friendly, and some of the interviews I got were really interesting as well. To wrap this up, I am glad the spot I chose worked out so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment